Clean Up Your Street…

With some help from HPD’s Neighborhood Protection Corps…

I have pulled together some helpful information to help get your street “up to snuff”…

This information pertains only to City of Houston residents:

If you think a property on your block isn’t “up to code” (overgrown weeds? unsafe structure?) and you want city inspectors to check it out: Call 311… and ask for “Neighborhood Protection”.

You can learn more about the Neighborhood Protection Corps, here.

If you want to know when the city’s “Heavy Trash” crew is making rounds in your neighborhood: Check out the Solid Waste Schedule by Zip Code …

And while you are at it… you should know the rules for Solid Waste/Tree Removal.

The reality: The Neighborhood Protection Corps investigation team has been cut by about 40% in the last 10-15 years. Demolition of an unsafe structure is a long process, that usually takes no less than 18 months. Property Owners have the ultimate responsibility of caring for property. 

Have a whopper of a neighborhood problem? Email me:



There are no comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: